1. This competition is brought to you by Hodder & Stoughton (the “Company”), whose address is 338 Euston Road, London NW1 3EH.
2. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Competition Terms and Conditions (and by any other requirement set out in the promotional material for this competition) which may be amended or varied at any time by Company.
3. To enter the competition entrants must submit their own embarrassing story in 140 characters or less via Twitter using the hashtag #isitjustme. (“Your Entry”).
4. This prize for this competition is inclusion of your story in the No It’s Us Too! ebook and/or having your submission illustrated on the Is It Just Me Tumblr website (http://miranda-isitjustme.tumblr.com/)
5. The competition opens at 12 pm GMT on Monday 9th July 2012 and closes at 11:59pmGMT on Monday 30th July. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
6. The winners will be selected based on skill and no element of chance will be involved.
7. The winners will be chosen as follows: Each valid entry will be judged according to its merit on the basis of humour and originality and in accordance with these terms and conditions by the Hodder Marketing Department (“Judges”) in their sole discretion, whose decision will be final. There is no limit to the amount of winners the Judges may choose.
8. The winners will be published on the Tumblr site and www.hodder.co.uk on the date of 6th September 2012.
9. By entering the competition, you hereby grant to Company an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide and for all languages, license to copy, adapt, edit, distribute, publish, sublicense, and in any and all other ways use Your Entry for any purpose, in any manner and in all medium now known or hereinafter devised. Furthermore, you waive all moral rights whatsoever in your entry. For the avoidance of doubt, Company is under no obligation to make any use of Your Entry and Company shall make no payment to you for any use of Your Entry.
10. By entering the competition you warrant that:
a. Your Entry is your own original work;
b. Nothing in Your Entry is defamatory, libellous, private or an infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right or in any way a breach of another’s right.
c. Any entry in breach of this clause will be disqualified from participating in the competition and from winning any prize.
a. You indemnify the Company and each of its successors and assigns against any claim or cost arising out of Company or its assignee’s use of Your Entry.
11. The winners may see their entries posted in any form and in any medium including but not limited to print, on the Company website, on other websites, in performances of any kind and on Facebook and Twitter accounts.
12. There is no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
13. The competition is open to anyone aged 13 or over in the United Kingdom and Ireland except employees of Company, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families.
14. Only one entry per person is allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
15. Company is not responsible for contacting or, if applicable, forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
16. Company reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the competition without notice. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided.
17. The email addresses of entrants may be shared by Company with other companies within the Hachette group of companies but will not be shared with other companies outside the group. It will be used by the Hachette companies to send you news about our books, products and promotions. You will be given the option of opting out in those emails if you don’t want to receive any further news from us.
19. These Competition Terms and Conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising our of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction, although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Terms and Conditions in your territory.